Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 50 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing. (This seemed rather excessive, so I stopped at 30)
Step 3: Bold out the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game post your own
- Bright cold silver moon, tonight alone in my room (Faber Drive - Tongue Tied)
- And she was lying in the grass (Talking Heads - And She Was)
- Play a little kiss and tell with poison pills (54-40 - Ocean Pearl)
- As I'm staring through this fire, it's too late to make you mine (State of Shock - Money Honey)
- Step right up and don't be shy (Tubes - She's a Beauty)
- Welcome to your life, there’s no turning back (Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World)
- Load up on guns and bring your friends (Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit)
- You make me weep, I wanna die (Journey - Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin')
- When you first left me I was wanting more (Lily Allen - Smile)
- I used to be a rolling stone you know (Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom)
- You can look at the menu but you just can’t eat (Howard Jones - No One is to Blame)
- Midway hawkers calling “Try your luck with me” (Rush - Lakeside Park) [Dani, I'm surprised you didn't get this one.]
- Don’t tell me I’m wrong cause I’ve been watching every move that you make (Blue Rodeo - Try)
- Take your baby by the hand (Wang Chung - Dancehall Days)
- So long, so long, so long he's been away (Tom Cochrane - The Boy Inside the Man)
- Why you wanna tell me how to live my life (Bon Jovi - Have a Nice Day)
- One, two, three take my hand and come with me (Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl)
- Someday soon and I don’t know when (Blue Rodeo - Trust Yourself)
- Your baby is a good cook, his baby has a cool look (David Wilcox - The Grind) Note, this is the Canadian blues/rock David Wilcox, not the American folk singer David Wilcox.
- If you would just be sensible, you’d find me indispensible (Honeymoon Suite - Feel it Again)
- I am the fountain of affection (Great Big Sea - When I'm Up (I Can't Get Down))
- I never knew, I never knew that everything was falling through (The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car))
- I was happy in my harbour when you cut me loose (KT Tunstall - Silent Sea)
- You must understand though the touch of your hand makes my pulse react (Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do With it)
- Working like a dog for the boss man (Aerosmith - Love in an Elevator)
- A wild ride over stony ground (Def Leppard - Animal)
- Won’t you come see about me (Simple Minds, Don't You Forget About Me)
- Give me that opener, pass me that beer (Teenage Head, Let's Shake)
- Early in the morning and I can’t sleep (Rod Stewart, Infatuation)
- Rumour spreading round in that
town (ZZ Top, La Grange) Texas
Thanks for playing, everyone!