Monday, November 26, 2007

Portrait of the artist as a young girl

Leah looks like her dad. Just like him. She has his chocolate-brown eyes, his distinctive family nose, his height and long, lanky frame. Other than that, though, she's all me, through and through. Her matter-of-factness, her easy-going personality, her willingness to go along to get along, her love of reading, and, most of all, her twisted sense of humour -- me.

So, when she asked me if she could take a couple of pictures with my digital camera, and I said yes after making her promise to wear the wrist strap so she wouldn't drop it, I wasn't sure what to expect. She and her little sister hurried off into her room and there was loud giggling from the two of them for a while. She returned the camera and told me very gleefully, "I took some cool pictures of myself. You should post them on your blog."

As requested, Leah's self-portraits:









As you can see, she doesn't mind making a fool of herself to make people laugh. Wonder where she got that from.

9 comments:

  1. Love the missing tooth shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! She is very much like you in all the ways you described, it definitely shows through. She's also very caring, as are you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Thanks for the giggle, Leah!

    Alison, your girls rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:57 PM

    Love the nostril shot, just love it.
    What a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:26 PM

    Too funny. We got The Boy (aka Nick) a digital camera, we d/led the pictures and there was a 2 minute clip of cars going by on the Queensway.

    Anyway, I love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. Why is it that kids always think we want a ton of pictures of their nose, eye, mouth, etc.? I have about 100 pics of Lily just like those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Digital cameras are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now, if only I could remember to get some of our wonderful digital photos printed before the computer crashes and disappears them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i see she doesn't have the cold that every other kid seems to have these days!

    ReplyDelete