- I'm back from Arizona, but since I skipped the conference field trip to come home early and relieve the wonderful, amazingly good friend who was looking after my children so that I could attend, I have no awe-inspiring pictures of the Grand Canyon to share, just a bunch of pix of geological editors in group sessions during the conference and at a microbrewery after hours. Although I might post one of the latter due to the fact that we were photo bombed at the brewery.
- Is it just me, or do people using those cellphone earpieces look really stupid? They talk really loud too, like they want everyone to know they're very important. The Toronto and Phoenix airports were full of them.
- This past weekend was Carp Fair. All I found on my lawn afterwards was a single pop bottle. Yay! As soon as I download my camera's memory card, I'll post about our trip to the fair and the fun we had. Warning though, there were snakes involved. Big snakes. And an electric cow. And kettle corn. (My addiction to which I am squarely blaming on Jen. Thanks loads, Jen. Now I have 2 ways to get my fix: 1. visit the U.S. and buy lots of bags at a U.S. grocery store, or 2. wait for the Carp Fair to roll around next September and visit the booth where they make it. Neither of which is a very timely option.)
- I did it again. Small Favor came into the library on Saturday. I was up til 11:30 last night reading and I'm only halfway through. It's the best Dresden File book yet. I am wicked tired today.
- I am really tired of the American election media coverage. And I'm starting to get tired of the Canadian election too. Could we just all fast-forward to mid-November when this will all be over? Pretty please?
Monday, September 29, 2008
Bullets over Broadway
A bit scattered today, so bullets it is: