Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tagged or 4 is a beautiful number

Josie at No Internal Editor tagged me with a meme last week sometime. Since I really have nothing to say today, here we go:

4 jobs I’ve had

Counter person at the Dairy Delite (I was about 15, lasted one day -- the final straw was when I made a banana split and forgot the banana); junior geological assistant (a.k.a. grunt - I ran traverse lines through the northern Ontario bush with a pacer and compass, carried rock samples through the northern Ontario bush, hammered rock samples into rock chips for geochemical assay, portaged an outboard motor through the northern Ontario bush, you get the picture); scientific editor; managing editor.

4 movies I could watch over and over

The Princess Bride, This is Spinal Tap, Bull Durham, Bridget Jones's Diary

4 TV shows I watch

Grey’s Anatomy, Hockey Night in Canada, The Tudors (oh the man-candy in that show!) and Torchwood (just started watching that last one, not sure if it'll become a regular thing)

4 places I’ve lived

I was born in Hastings, U.K.; when I was really little I lived in Freiburg, Germany; spent most of my life in Ontario (Windsor, Toronto, Sudbury), and I now live in Carp, Ontario, near Ottawa.

4 favourite foods


Caesar salad, cheeseburgers, seafood linguine, dark chocolate

4 favourite colours

Dark green, silver, pink, black

4 places I’d love to be right now

Curled up on my couch with tea and a book; on a warm beach somewhere with sunscreen, Coronas and (great idea, Josie) cabana boys; touring the Niagara wine area stopping at wineries and B&Bs; in England visiting relatives.

4 names I love but could/would not use for my children

Gemma, Nina, Julia for girls -- my husband didn't like them. Matthew for a boy -- didn't use cause I had girls.

Ooooo, now I get to tag. Hmmmm, I tag Briana at Life with Boys and Meanie at Meanoldmommy. Tag. You're it!

6 comments:

  1. I love Bull Durham too. It has some great quotes in it. And our girl's name both times was Julia--but I never got to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Ooo, we've got a lot of crossover! I worked at Baskin Robbins for about two weeks. Ugh, what a job, and I made the butt-ugliest sundaes ever. You'd think it would be hard to make an unappetizing sundae, but I managed. Also, Bull Durham and Princess Bride would definitely be two of my four movies, and my husband grew up in Windsor (and I in London) and my ex was from Sudbury.

    And the number one consistent pregnancy craving? Corona. (Although a side of cabana boy has a certain appeal as well...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, here's what I'll post tomorrow! Thanks for tagging me, I needed something to blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always so good to "meet" another editor!

    I pine for those pre-kid "curl up on the couch with a book" days -- even better would be curling up on the beach with a book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! an excuse to talk about myself! thanks....will post soon!

    ReplyDelete