Monday, May 28, 2007

A short to-do list

In no particular order:
  • I must call around and find the cheapest place to buy a new pool filter.
  • I must remember, in the fall, that the pool filter has a drain. And, even though it's hidden by the long grass that springs up and thrives around the pool filter because I have a really hard time starting the weed whacker, it is still there, and must be opened at the end of the season so that water does not get trapped inside to freeze and crack the housing of the filter. See above.
  • I must teach Rachel the difference in meaning between the word 'tickle' and the word 'gouge'.
  • I must buy band-aids. See above.
  • I must remember that even though *I* can hear the music when I'm listening to my MP3 player while gardening, other people can't, and are being assaulted by my off-key wailing. I will pay attention next time I see one of my neighbours and her 2-year-old daughter standing at the edge of my yard looking puzzled. It probably means that I am singing waaay louder than I thought, and if the mom hurries off dragging the child with her, it probably means that the song is about drinking or getting laid.
  • I must phone and apologise to Linda. See above.
  • I must get through the picking up the girls from daycare/making dinner/soccer practice/homework/bath/bed routine quickly tonight so I can be relaxed on the couch to watch the first game of the Stanley Cup finals.
  • I must draft up a suitably snarky e-mail to the friend who's being forced to cheer for Anaheim due to his wife's infatuation with Teemu Selanne, upon the Sens winning tonight's game. See above.

3 comments:

  1. You're so funny! I too have a hard time controlling my off-key warbling when the iPod is blasting. I've been caught in the grocery store and the gym, but never the garden... at least, not that I *know* of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you're too funny! Sining loudly about drinking and getting laid huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:50 PM

    I am very guilty of singing out loud - my teenager busts me for it all the time.

    Sorry about the Sens last night.

    ReplyDelete