Supposing you are not gay. And you have been sort of dating someone on and off for a couple of months, but you haven't spoken in a week or so. And the woman in question calls you up at 11 a.m. on a Sunday morning to chat. And you chat for a bit, sounding distracted. And then you announce that you'd like to keep talking, but you really have to get back to the movie you were watching:
"The Sound of Music"......
(wait, it gets better)
That's a blow-off, right? Yeah, I thought so. Points for originality though. Much, much more panache than "It's not you, it's me". Sigh.
And, in other news, Briana at Life with Boys tagged me with a meme. The "Seven things about me" meme. I'm supposed to list seven random things about myself that you don't already know, and then I'm supposed to tag seven people to do the same. Well, most of my loyal readers (all four of you, lol) have been tagged already, so I'll do like Alissa, and just say that if you'd like to do this, great! Leave me a comment saying you're in and I'll be sure to check out your answers. But I'm not requiring it of anyone, OK?
Here we go:
- I have a love/hate relationship with laundry. After living in apartments for most of my adult life and having to use laundry rooms or off-site laundromats, buying a house with a laundry room seemed like a dream come true....at first. See, here's the thing: I'm really good at washing and drying, but I really suck at folding and putting away. Here at our house, we're always clean, but we're often wrinkled.
- I lived in four different countries before I was five years old: the UK, Germany, the U.S. and Canada.
- In 1987 I spent the summer working in a geological survey mapping camp in northwestern Ontario. It was like getting paid to go camping. One of the best summers of my life.
- I turn the ringer on the phone off if I don't feel like talking to anyone. Often, I forget I've done this and then wonder why I no-one's called me in a few days.
- I have five Hello Kitty figurines on my desk at work. And I have a Hello Kitty change purse. I know I'm too old to like Hello Kitty, but I don't care.
- I make really, really good cinnamon rolls. From scratch. Really.
- I've seen "The Sound of Music" about 14 times. In English. And I'm not sure I like it anymore.