OK, I'll admit it. I have a slightly disturbing obsession with the C.S.I. franchises. And maybe I've been watching too much. The signs? I mean besides making up my own hometown version: C.S.I. Carp?
1. I'm seriously considering wearing latex gloves to do the housework around here.
Like the laundry.
And cleaning the kitchen.
2. I've also thought that figuring out who left the half-full glass of milk on the kitchen counter that was knocked over by Max would be so easy if I only had a fingerprint kit. Because both girls deny it was them.
3. I've been looking around online for those special flashlights. Not because I need one, but because I want one.
4. I've been considering incorporating vests and lab coats into my wardrobe.
I think I could totally rock a vest.
5. I find myself wondering what the Windex budget for the C.S.I. Miami and C.S.I. New York labs is, seeing as they are composed almost entirely of glass.
6. I was using a pumice stone the other day on very dry, scaly feet and caught myself thinking, "Ooooo! Epithelials!"
(There's no picture for this one.)
7. I've taken to standing with my hands on my hips a lot.
And taking my sunglasses off very, very dramatically.
8. I sometimes wish I had tweezers and an evidence envelope when cleaning underneath the dining room table.
9. I really like C.S.I. humour.
Really, really like.
10. The clincher, when I realized that perhaps really do watch too much C.S.I., was a couple of days after I let Leah stay up and watch an episode of C.S.I. with me on DVD. I went down in the basement and saw a Barbie crime scene laid out on the floor.
Crap. What have I done?