Monday, August 11, 2008

5 going on 15

Today, Rachel's bedroom. I'm helping rake up the detritus clean up her room. Sifting through the mess Picking up toys, I come across the Aladdin doll's one-piece white jumpsuit thingie.

Me: Um, Rae, what's this?

Rachel: Aladdin's clothes.

Me: You mean he's naked? [sympathetically] Poor Aladdin, he must be cold.

Rachel: Mom. [with all the disdain of a pms-ing teenager] He's a Barbie. Seriously. What's wrong with you?

Me: ...

****************

I'll be missing again for a couple of days as I'll be getting up at Oh-dark-thirty (or as my friend Ev says, half past crow piss) and hitting the road for Toronto for Miniblogstock 2008 (Hah! who needs Blogher). I'm meeting up with my major blog crushes Josie of No Internal Editor, and Jen, of Jen on the Edge. I'm sure that Hogtown will never be the same. (I'll take pictures. I promise.)

14 comments:

  1. oooh! have fun! it'll be so neat to meet all these people you have been reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:57 AM

    oh, have fun!

    And...Hogtown? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:38 AM

    *squee!*

    Miniblogstock '08 -- just a few hours away!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun. Try and behave yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Hogtown! OMG haven't heard that reference in a long time! (ex-Torontonian here). And half past crow piss, and oh dark thirty..definitely storing those away for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ENVIOUS!

    And laughing over the Aladdin thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha.. i think only mommy's feel for naked dolls after a while.

    have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wish I had read this before meeting you!!! I would have asked about Alladin.
    Had a blast and so happy I called in "not sick":)
    Hope the drive home was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That girl is hilarious! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:38 PM

    I'm looking forward to when she's actually a teenager. She's going to be quite the smart & sassy madam from what I've heard about her so far. (int he best possible way, of course). Have fun down south.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you sure you aren't dead yet? We need an update on your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! She sure sounds like a little teenager! :)

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:43 PM

    Ha! Glad mine isn't the only preschooler with teenage attitude. Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete