Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Not pulling his weight

This morning I nearly had a heart attack. As I stumbled into the kitchen to make my first cup of tea for the day, a mouse went shooting away from Max's food dish and disappeared down the basement stairs.

Where was the mighty hunter, you might ask? He was in the hallway outside Rachel's bedroom, beating the crap out of one of her My Little Ponies. We might be overrun with mice, but by God, we'll be safe from small winsome toy horses with overly long acrylic manes. Whew. That's a relief.


I'm adding mousetraps to the shopping list. Again.

(This is not a picture of the actual pony, but a picture of a new My Little Pony so that those of you without small girl children will know what I'm talking about. The one Rae has is pink with a long pink and orange mane tangled like the hair of a two-year-old Barbie and has been 'customized' with a black Sharpie. I was in no mood to find the camera and photograph Max and the pony, seeing as I was still pissed off about seeing the mouse. Oh, and I had to kill a spider too. And we all know how much I like spiders. So far, today sucks.)

16 comments:

  1. Ugh. What is it about mice that causes such revulsion? I hope that your warrior subdues My Little Pony and can turn his attention to more important matters of security!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mice and spiders! Ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. last year a my little pony found it's way into our pool filter and was decapitated. heh heh.

    grey mice are so 2007. maybe if the mice were pink, pretty and sparkley and pretty max might be more interested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean they're NOT 'My Little Rats'?

    I've been pushing the pwetty pwetty ponies deeper and deeper into the toy chest - so far, so good, although I have to admit Mr. Potato Head has lost ALL his appeal....(for me anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it can only get better, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:36 AM

    If it makes you feel any better, our cats don't take care of our mice, either. They're fat and lazy.

    I don't guess that really made you feel any better.

    And, I can't imagine having to "find" my camera! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry your day started out so crappy. I hope it gets better for you. We have mice to, but the decon poison seem to take care of them.

    Maybe if you could put a little pink wig on the mouse then Max would attack it instead. Just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spiders I can handle...mice, not so much!
    That seems to be one advantage of having moved from the country to the city...no mice...so far anyway! I probably shouldn't say anything, I'll jinx it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HATE My Little Ponies. But we've got 'em. We even have the exact one pictured WITH the little cash register thingy, because SOMEONE gave us the My Little Pony sweet shop or bakery or something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Max is high maintenance. He has good taste, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah yes, My Little Ponies. We have a few dozen of those mofo's and I'd love to pitch them, along with the Barbies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:51 PM

    OMG -- I have that pony and cash thing! Scary.... and don't you love how their hair goes all ape-sh*t? Like they've been up all night at a rave?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has to be the weather. I saw a mouse last night and now can't find the little bugger.

    Can you send the cat up here for me?? I'll return him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm okay with mice (though I wouldn't want them in my house) but snakes, I'd be on the kitchen table passed out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Want to trade cats for a while? Bazel would totally hunt down and eat every critter in your house and then start going after you. he's a bit scary, but he keeps the vermin at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. After my first furbaby pasted away I realized I no longer have my spider killer on hand anymore.

    My newer furbabies just push them around instead of sinking their teeth into their soft bodies and chewing them to death.

    Can I have a "Hell ya we hate spiders!" = )

    ReplyDelete