Monday, December 24, 2007

On the first day of Christmas

My true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear birch tree.



At least I think it was a partridge. It looked like a partridge. It might have been a ruffed grouse, maybe. I'm sure about the tree, though, 100%. But as I was sneaking around the house early in the morning in my bathrobe (back in October when I took this picture) I only managed to snap it in silhouette before my across-the-street neighbour came out of his house whistling, and the bird flapped away before I could get a better picture.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy the holidays however you celebrate them. Be happy and safe.

Now where do I find turtledoves?

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing bird!

    Merry Christmas to one of my favorite Canadians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and the girls a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, hope the kidlets had a wonderful, wonderful, time... :)

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and the girls had an awesome Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you guys -- hope Santa was good to all of you!

    ReplyDelete