Friday, August 10, 2007

Everyone else is doing it

Bullets, I mean.

I'm so stealing this idea since I'm leaving at 4 a.m. (yes, you read it right, 4 a.m.) tomorrow to drive with the girls to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. It's a two-day drive. Pray for me. So here are a few bullet points to serve as blog fodder for the next 10 days while I'm away.

  • Things not to do. Don't put the remains of Caesar salad in the compost bin. Raccoons really like bacon and parmesan cheese. Raccoons have no trouble at all in twisting the knobs and opening the compost bin. I keep forgetting, and end up having to clean up the mess and put the cover back on the bin. I might as well put out candles and red wine while I'm at it.

  • New additions to the family! Nope, no birth announcements or embarassment at finding myself knocked up at my age. Nana was visiting and bought the girls a beta each. They were so excited, they had them named before we were at the checkout.

Introducing Blueberry:

and Steve:

  • 10 points for figuring out which kid named which fish. I think I'll be doing the naming when we finally get another cat.

  • Eating half a basket of peaches the day before you are due to drive to the Maritimes is A. Very. Bad. Idea. But they're soooo good, I can't stop myself. I bought a basket of Leamington peaches at the grocery store in Stittsville, and it's like being home in Windsor again. Nothing tastes like a ripe southern Ontario peach in August.

  • Have a great time while I'm gone. I'll be back all full of lobster and scallops, sunburned and with sand in my bathing suit, and hopefully still sane after another 2 days in the car with the girls.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:18 PM

    I kind of like the name Steve for a fish. Was that Rae? Hey, we have a hamster named College (Drew named him) and a gray striped cat named Spot (Nick named her).

    Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephew named one of his fish "Frank" when he was little. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip!

    (And for the record, our Betta fish is named "Ladybug" and he's blue!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:56 PM

    Sorry I'm late to the game - hope you're having a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummmm, why is steve upside down?
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete