Friday, August 13, 2010

Wait, is this irony?


So, a month or two ago, I succumbed to a slick sales pitch and moved my internet and home phone service to Rogers Cable from Bell/Sympatico. But it seems that their marketing push was far more advanced than their infrastructure. The cable bringing all this communications goodness into my home was patched into the cable box on the street behind mine and the guys who laid it put it right on the grass, through the yard and perennial garden of the house right behind mine. I'm waiting now for the company to get all the necessary permits for burying the cable..

I get along really well with my neighbours, but as you can imagine, they aren't really thrilled with a cable coming through their yard. They're retired and avid gardeners. The husband, when he noticed the cable through his yard, called Rogers to complain, and at one point, threatened to run over the cable with his lawnmower. He wasn't serious, just blowing steam. He would never have done that to me.

Three days ago, we suddenly lost the phone and internet. You guessed it. He accidentally ran over the cable with his riding lawnmower.

Irony? Maybe.

Annoying? Yeah.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like maybe the Three Stooges run that cable company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing my ass off. I'm sorry.

    OK, not really sorry, but sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:34 AM

    This is not the first day you will rue under the Roger's regime. Mark my words.

    ReplyDelete