So there I was, wandering through the produce section, happily thinking about celery for the stuffing and key lime pie, when a sudden thought brought me to a screeching halt. I may have said "Oh shit" out loud. "What's the matter, Mom?" Rae asked. I couldn't tell her. You see, in my preoccupation with Easter dinner, I had forgotten something vital. Saturday night the Easter Bunny is supposed to show up and hide eggs all over the living room and dining room. And I am the freakin' Easter Bunny! I had totally forgotten. I hadn't picked up a single chocolate egg, or any small summery gifts like a skipping rope or some sidewalk chalk. I suck.
In my own defense though, I kind of have a lot on my plate right now. Here are the things I'm juggling (in addition to hosting Easter dinner and bunny duties):
- I need to get safety check done on new car in order to get plates (emissions test done and passed)
- I need to get plates for new car
- I need to sort out the insurance so I don't drop the insurance on the old car too soon and get left with 2 cars and no insurance
- I have to get the house cleaned up. Right now it looks like....well, there are no words to accurately describe the mess
- Leah has 4 (count 'em, four) dentist appts in the next 4 weeks to fit her for an appliance. I need to schedule them around meetings at work
- Max is 6 months old now and there are some 'things' that need to come off (at breakfast the other day Rachel, looking over at Max's back end while he's eating from his bowl with his back to us, "Mom, I can see Max's little round bum cheeks." Um, yeah. Those weren't cheeks she was looking at.)
- I got a letter from the City of Ottawa pointing out that Leah has missed an MMR vaccination somewhere along the way, and if she doesn't get it before Apr. 16, she'll be suspended from school
- I need to arrange for the neutering and the immunization to be dealt with. I must not mix up who gets what done.
- I must not forget to return the Express Reads book to the library tonight. If I do, the fine will be $2/day
- I need to make an appointment to get my tax return done
- Leah is still on the waiting list for swimming lessons this session, and I need to sort that out before the session is too far advanced, and she misses out
- I need a babysitter so I can go to book club
- I have to remember to take the turkey out of the freezer on time, or it'll be pizza on Easter Sunday
- I'm obsessing about why Rae's teacher requested an interview for Parent-Teacher night. Usually if everything's fine, they don't request one -- you can have one if you want, but it's not necessary. Is Rae flunking Senior Kindergarten? Is she rude and disruptive? My imagination is in overdrive.
- I need to fill out the forms to register for the spring session of French language classes
- How worried should I be that the weight of snow on my roof might cause a cave in?