Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blog weirdness

So I finally inch my toes up to the edge of the abyss and, well, if I don't exactly leap out yelling 'Geronimo' as I launch my blog, then at least I have a quiet sense of satisfaction. Now I have one as well. Like those Saturn jeans I wanted in Grade 7 (dating myself, I know, I know), and now maybe I can be one of the cool girls too. Maybe.

I've been reading another blog lately, Postcards from the Mothership, and enjoying it. (Pardon me for being too much of a newbie to make a link here in the text; Google it, it's a fun read.) I've even been commenting on the posts. The little comment box that pops up ask for a name, an e-mail address, and a URL. My comments have so far been posted with only my name. Looking at the other comments, I noticed a blue 'homepage' next to the names of the commenters. Interested, I clicked on a few and was connected to another bunch of interesting blogs.

"Cool", I thought and then, "Hey, I have a blog now", and I commented on yesterday's entry in Postcards from the Mothership, merrily entering the URL for my brand new blog in the little window. I posted my comments, and then being the sort of person I am, I clicked on the 'homepage' beside my name and.......was somehow redirected to an Ebay feedback page for someone called Longheart 130. WTF?

I have no idea what form of Internet juju caused that to happen. Clicked on it a few time, but the same redirect happened. On the bright side, Longheart 130 seems to have a stellar rep. Guess I shouldn't have tried to, in effect, say to those other bloggers who are all posting to each other's posts, "look at me, look at me, I've got a blog too!", cause I look pretty silly.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Oh, hey, look at you! Cool!

    Thanks for visiting me and leaving me a comment. I love getting comments!

    I'm going to add you to my blogroll. Not that I get alot of traffic or anything, but you may get a visitor or two from me. Tell me you want me to and I'll mention you in my post tomorrow, complete with link. (highlight the text you want linked, and then up there at the top of the text entry box there's a little icon that's a green dot with at little white curvy thing. click it. put in the link that you want the text to link to. click ok. viola! link!)

    I read Postcards From the Mothership, too, but it's one I've never commented on.

    I love your writing. Really. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 PM

    Oh, and over on Postcards? You left out the "www" part of your web address. I think that may be your problem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere! Good luck - you'll get used to all the technicalities. It'll seem like second nature before long. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:17 PM

    Awww, you're so sweet! I'm sorry it took me so long to follow you back here, but I'm ever so glad I did!

    I've just read about the dress that ate your nylons and your poor wee daughter's unhappy stomach at the checkout - excellent blog fodder!

    Hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do, and I'll be back for more visits soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:16 AM

    Aloha! What brought me here was a Google search for Saturn Jeans! I was looking on eBay and drew a null for them.. I grew up across the river from Cornwall, ON and we all "had" to have a pair..(there I dated my self too!) I remember going to the Brookdale Mall to get them... I don't have much occasion, wear them now that I live in Hawaii, but seeing someone else who knew what they were is nice! I'm sure some one out there still has a pair!

    ReplyDelete