Things I learned today:
- I need Mapquest. Seriously. It sounded easy: pop off the 401 at Burlington and meet Josie for lunch. In reality? Overshoot Burlington while looking for the QEW instead of 403. Finally exit on Eglinton Ave. and have to backtrack, appearing an hour late for lunch.
- Those small paper bags from Tim's that a single donut comes in don't hold much vomit. Also, they are only waterproof for a short period of time.
- My sister shells out for the good Ziploc sandwich bags, not the cheap ones.
- Good sandwich bags can hold a fair bit of vomit in a pinch, and don't leak.
- Leah gets carsick.
- Alternatively, Leah has the stomach flu. The jury is still out at this moment.
- I have amazing friends. Josie waited an hour for me to show up, fielding my increasingly frustrated phone calls with good humour. She let Rae eat most of her lunch when Rae's pizza was not to Rae's liking, and entertained Rae while Leah and I made several trips to the ladies' room. And she let us borrow the couch at her office for Leah to rest a while before I put the poor girl back in the car.
- My life is totally ruled by Murphy's Law.
Catch you tomorrow. I'm off to bed.